Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Urg - dizzy

Well after having such a lovely Canterbury Faire fortnight off my return to work has been marked by a definite down-turn in my energy levels etc etc etc. I've been back less than three weeks and already have had a day off and the last four days, including the weekend I've been feeling quite bad again. No energy and quite dizzy - especially dizzy today, although I feel like I have more energy than I did yesterday and on the weekend. I was having some trouble getting to sleep last week and I think that maybe that's why by the weekend I was very tired, despite having had that Monday off. On the upside though we went to Lucette's production in her house in Lyttelton, Flight Patterns. It was really good - I thought that there was a good balance of funny / weird and thoughtful. It would stand seeing twice as you can only be in one room at one time but often there were things going on in multiple parts of the house. Also had a nice experience last night: I was going to the gym after work because I hadn't felt too bad in the morning and Nick had forgotten his phone so although I felt really crap by the evening I had not way of contacting him and getting him to pick me up from work or somewhere, or even saying I'll get a taxi home - so I had to meet him at the gym. Anyway, I was wondering past Easts bookshop when I thought I'll pop in and buy a magazine and sit at the gym and read until he's there - its actually not uncommon for people to be plopped on the couch in the women's gym reading. So, as your do, I was checking out the sale items and there was a copy of the exhibition catalogue/book for the Elizabeth exhibition at the National (UK) Maritime Museum on sale at $60. So I had to have that of course and as I was purchasing it the saleswoman asked if I'd like to sit down and have a drink and a nibble and listen to an author, Judy Corbalis, who was speaking there about her latest book Mortmain. Anyway it was just the distraction that I needed for an hour and a bit and I'm now on their mailing list, although to be honest NZ fiction is not really my thing. Also Margaret Mahy was there and liked my t-shirt (purple Pennsic War one that Agro gave me) and another lady liked my shoes (gold roman sandals) and that was nice too.

No comments: