- Easily the top of the list is Nick's present: a training flight with a local flight school. You get to do as much of the actual flying as you want - naturally i want to do it all. More on this later folks.
- Kate and Abagail gave me a castle shaped cake mold. Very cool - I made Nigella Lawson's orange and chocolate cake in it for Abs' birthday picnic on the 31st Dec and it came out great.
- Lu gave me/us a translation of a 15th century Portuguese King's equestrian manual which i have had on my Amazon wishlist for some time. I haven't had time to read it yet as I have lots of books out of the library for the break.
- Dad and Pamela gave me a battery powered milk whisk for making the frothy milk for cappuccinos - I've already used it once and it works great. I'll even be able to take it to Canterbury Faire.
- And there were other goodies - a bit of chocolate of course, yum yum
- Oh and someone gave me a cold - the same one that Nick's only just shaking after about 8 weeks. Which means I'll probably still have it at Canterbury Faire.
Wednesday, January 02, 2008
Well Christmas has been and gone and it was a really nice relaxed one. Normally we see Nick's Dad on Christmas eve but this year it was the day before and that was really good. Nick and I were able to spend Christmas eve just the two of us and went out to West Melton with a picnic and had dinner with our fur family. Christmas morning I got up at a reasonable hour and bagelled - I think that we got away from here about 10:30 so we were running pretty much on schedule. I hadn't been to Lu's new flat before which caused a bit of headache finding it, then parking with a trailer on the back as we were providing tables and china as well. In retrospect it would have been easier to have the whole thing here. But next year hopefully. I got some great presents:
at 10:42 AM