Thursday, April 10, 2008

Spicy chocolate balls of pleasure

A quick post to RAVE about Valrhona's Xocopili bitter choc spice balls. Tess gave a bag of these to Nick for his birthday and they are absolutely amazing. As the name suggests they're not at all sweet, although I wouldn't call them bitter by any means. I found this description " These marble-shaped chocolate spice balls, are actually to be used in savory applications. They are made from 72% bitter chocolate and a special selection of spices to flavor sauces. This format of chocolate can lead to endless savory applications, limited only by the imagination of the chef! There are approximately 500 2 gram spice balls per 1 kilo bucket... cocoa beans, sugar, cocoa butter, spices (paprika, curry, cardamon, Basque chili pepper), cocoa powder, salt, soy lecithin, vanilla" Just damned amazing. they say cook with them but we're eating them straight-up. P.S. I signed the lease on our temporary residence. Will send contact details closer to move date.

1 comment:

meskhenet said...

I had a whole bucket of it. My sister said nobody in the house are die-hard chocoholics like me so I might as well take it home to my pad. I take it one at a time before I go happy-crazy-tipsy on chocolates. It's my first time to enjoy Valrhona chocolates but I'm sure it won't be the last.