Monday, October 06, 2008

Busy bees

Wow its been a busy few days. Last week Nathan called to say that he could come and do our fencing so Nick and I rushed home to make some decisions. By Friday it was all over and we spent some of the weekend hammering on rails and (well in Nick's case) string wires. Not a moment too soon really as Lightning is due to foal in a couple of weeks. Really a month ago I was still unconvinced that she was pregnant as she looked much as she did when we bought her, having just weaned her previous foal. But now there's no doubt and the book says mid to late October which means that we should have another baby by our house warming. We've also been paying for a few big items and its a bit of a crunch to see the bank balance dropping at an alarming rate - but them's the breaks. At least I finally have gotten around to contacting our ex-landlords and arranging for the bond back, plus the two weeks rent that I had accidentally overpaid when I thought that I'd stopped the auto-payments but actually hadn't. I spent much of the weekend painting the wardrobe rail supports and shelves in the two spare bedrooms which are currently housing our mundane and SCA wardrobes. I got the last of those hung this morning before work and can now start putting a few more things away. There are still many boxes in those rooms but I'm hoping to have them a bit more ship-shape by our housewarming (email invites went out last week - print ones this week - some of my email addresses are a bit out of date). Speaking of email we tried doing internet at home on the weekend and the dial-up connection is so bad that we're constantly getting dropped and when connected the speed is often less that 20kbps. Absolutely useless. I have to ring telecom and see if they can do anything about it but my hopes aren't high. Should have curtains by the weekend (master BR and theatre room) that will be a relief - especially in our bedroom! The wallpaper(s) have arrived and will be delivered on Wednesday also but no date for hanging. Hopefully that will be done by the end of the month too.

No comments: