Monday, November 10, 2008

New day

Well its a new week and we're facing a National Government in the near future. I'll leave comment on that to the experts... I'm more interested in our new (naughty) baby who quickly developed a fondness for leaving his Mum trapped behind the (off) electric fence and going a-wandering. Because of this, and the timing of his birth, we have finally fixed on the name Twilight Escapade. He's also found that if he rubs up against the fencing standard he can push the tape out of it. Saturday night he and his mum pushed through the brand new wire fence and ended up on the other side completely. It looks like we will have to introduce him to the electricity sooner than anticipated. More photos over at my flickr Not much else to tell. The house-warming Halloween party went pretty well. I was a bit frantically busy beforehand prepping snacks etc but managed to stay up until 1:30 which is very late for me. Costumes were cool, weather was OK and there was a nice mix of people. Now there's Christmas and my 40th to look forward to. We've had a cool and damp week and are getting some good grass growth which is great. Also some people got us trees, and tree vouchers. But we haven't been able to go shopping yet because the Surf has broken down - in a very bad way, so we're scooting in and out of town in the MR2 - not much room for trees in there. We have BEGUN the Christmas shopping with a noodists sale night at nood, plus got a few things for ourselves. so YAY, its good to get that on the go as its only a few weeks away really. No I haven't decided what I want: I have the usual short-list of DVDs and CDs and am almost completely out of body butter (Body Shop is the place for me) hint hint. I am thinking about getting Nick this fabulous armour book about the Wallace Collection. I got the guy's previous book of the Churburg Armoury and it is lovely, if expensive, but the worst thing was negotiating shipping from Italy - they wanted to charge almost 100%. Anyway, enough rubbish from me....

No comments: