Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Faire Highlights

Highlights
  1. Callum McLeod finally got knighted
  2. 3! new Pelicans including the very long-deserving Taddea and Antonia not to dis' Sancha but Taddea has been cooking feasts and helping newbies so long that I can't remember Southron Gaard without her
  3. Lad behaved himself (mostly) at the equestrian day which means we can bring him again - yay!
  4. Spending heaps of time with William up-dating my shoe-making skills. Now to put it into action...
  5. I found out that the site manager can give permission to bring dogs so maybe we can take Kiwi next year, especially if we get coursing happening
  6. Richard and Callum did the pre-event food planning and cooking
  7. Longer CF = more time for set-up and take-down which made it more leisurely which meant that I was less tired
Lowlights
  1. Having to spend much of the week before arguing with the stewards and seneschal against unjustified, arbitrary rules against using gas BBQs (which are specifically allowed by the Prohibited fire season) which would probably have forced me to day-trip (probably more on this later)
  2. I strained my back on Wednesday morning
  3. Nick strained his back on take-down day

No comments: