Monday, December 28, 2009

Post Christmas return to normalcy (almost)

Why is it that even a few hours of family Christmas wears me out for days? I went splat on Boxing day and it was SOOO hot that I wasn't the only one. The cooler weather yesterday provoked me to do some computer stuff that I had intended to do for some weeks. Our PC had run out of space because the hard drive had been partitioned but everything was going on one partition. So a colleague at work gave me some software to adjust the partition settings, and ghost to make a full back-up first. But running ghost has totally stuffed something and now it can't even find the operating system. I had put all my files and all our shared files on the external drive but Nick hadn't moved his so all his files, which includes our business accounts info, is locked inside a PC we can't boot. So that pretty much fucked yesterday. I felt so bad that by mid afternoon I was feeling physically sick. Anyway, feeling much better today - its still cool but dry so we've done a few things outside. We have removed Tyr's bandage, hopefully for good. He's walking on it OK although he seemed a bit freaked by it at first. We'll have a look later today to see how its looking. I've just planted my last couple of lavenders in the bed under the bedroom windows. I'd dug it out last week but it needed some 'enrichment product' dug in and was too hot for planting really. Nick is currently out long-reining Twilight. He's picking it up really well and has handled being saddled (not ridden obviously) like a pro. Although the other day after we'd done Nick accidentally let Kiwi into the paddock and she ran around like a mad thing getting Twi' upset. He starts bucking and kicking and Kiwi's so high she's completely ignoring both Nick and me although I was most concerned with not getting kicked as I was holding Twilight. Kiwi got two new toys for Christmas, a squeaky duck aka Mr Duck and a kong which is one of those rubber toys you stuff with food. She is very happy with both.
Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments: