Thursday, May 19, 2011

SCA participation up part two.

So I said a couple of posts ago that I was getting more into SCA things and detailed some of my projects but what I didn't mention was that I have taken on an office again. I have been enormously frustrated by wanting to help & be more involved but at the same time worried that if I took something on that there would be times that I wouldn't be able to actually meet my commitments. Its one thing to sit helplessly on the sidelines and watch and quite another to have people expecting you to be doing things when you really can't. Of course everyone gets sick from time to time and that's what deputies are for but I do feel that one should be able to have a reasonable expectation of doing a job that one takes on.

Anyway, the office of web minister came up and I thought about it and asked for the job description. Then there was an earthquake. Then there was a final call for applications, none having yet applied, and I had a look at the description. Which was pretty much what I do at work anyway, so I applied and now am the new web minister.

I went to my first council meeting last Tuesday night and it felt really odd to be back at the table, especially as it was with many of the same faces - not really but that's how it felt. Its like ten years on people from the same households/groups are still filling most of the positions still. I probably won't be able to go to many meetings, but it was my first, and I had stock clerk books to distribute, and it wasn't too long. Same old issues too. Its going to be interesting I think.

Working from home
Its nice being able to work in one's PJs. Not that I do much. I actually have developed what I think of as my 'farm' PJs - tracksuit bottoms, long-sleeved T, sports bra - its comfy like pyjamas but I can walk kiwi without having to get completely changed. And its great being home for her most days, and being able to walk at mid-day rather than at night in the dark. To be honest I really don't want to work in an office again. Still we do what we must, and I must start making dinner.

No comments: