Monday, August 01, 2011

Days of soy milk and quinoa.

Hi, it's been ages since I have posted. It's not that nothings been happening but more that I am finding it hard to fit in the extras. Even Kiwi's walks have been less than regular the last few weeks. So it's probably not surprising that I have come down with a nasty cold. The rotten thing is that I don't feel like I've been achieving that much either.

Probably my big (health) news is that I have been seeing a cranio-sacral therapist and she has convince me to finally undertake the long put off test to see if I am gluten or lactose (or dairy) intolerant. One of the reasons I've been avoiding this is the fear that it will prove positive and that my days of bread and cheese will be over indefinitely. But to be honest I don't think that I am because I never feel bloated or anything after having bread, and I don't really have that much in my diet anyway. Anyway the way it works is that I have to avoid both (although yoghurt is ok) for a month and then reintroduce both separately (I think a week apart is normal).

So today is my first day, I have made muesli with puffed quinoa and had that with soy milk and a soy mocha for breakfast and it was perfectly acceptable. Hopefully that bodes well for the month.

She has also encouraged me to follow up and make appointments to replace my amalgam filings. As both the dentist and my G.P. had also been quite positive about this I have gone ahead and done so. However my enthusiasm was unnecessary as my dentist is unavailable until November. The clinic is undergoing post earthquake renovations. So anyway I am all booked in for four appointments each two weeks apart and my shiny new teeth should be all ready for Christmas.

No comments: