Monday, March 16, 2015

Gearing up for faire

Things are flat out around here as usual. It's a couple of days before Canterbury Faire and I'm off work already, cooking things, doing enormous shopping trips and generally trying to feel like I have a handle on things.

Christmas was lovely but despite having a full two weeks off I went back to work feeling as tired as I had left. Everything out here is incredibly dry and we made zero progress on the garden, but then the earth is like concrete so not really conducive to being levelled and raked.

I got a little weaving done and am past the half way point on the rugs. I am pretty pleased with how it's looking but terrified that I will cut it off the loom and find that nothing matches up. Maybe if that happens I'll just make them two small throws instead of one larger blanket thing. We will see said Kanga.
Half way through

One thing that I did manage to do on the holidays was to make contact with the Christchurch Guild of spinners and Weavers and I am now a paid up member. I won't be able to go to a meeting for another few weeks but they were so lovely that I'm really thrilled to have taken the leap. It will be great to have people to talk fibre arts with and have some people so knowledgeable to add questions of.

Anyway, must feed the dog before she wears my arm off...

No comments: